Are you an insomniac but want to get a good night sleep? If yes, it is the right place for you. Here are certain tips that can help you to get over the tossing and turning in the bed at the wee hours of the morning. You no more have to feel the laziness and drowsiness during your working hours just by following the most basic and simple tricks to get a sound sleep at night.
Tricks to fall asleep
Now you no more have to lie down on the bed with your eyes wide open, just by following the easy tricks mentioned below:
- The 4-7-8 method
- It is a simple but tedious method to achieve what you want.
- It works as a natural sedative as it plays with the natural rhythm of your heart.
- You must get settled in a comfortable position on your bed.
- Inhale through the nose for four continuous seconds.
- Then, hold your breath for around seven seconds.
- Just then, exhale slowly from your mouth for approximately eight seconds.
- Repeat this procedure until you fall asleep.
- It takes some time to get used to this method of sleeping, but it is one of the best methods for sleeping without any sedative.
- The method is also used by the yogis to get a state of complete relaxation and to counter the stress and anxiety feelings.
- This process means using a deliberate way to slow down the rhythm of your heart, to make your body relax.
- The effects of the method are seen after practicing it for weeks, months, or even years.
- Take a warm shower before bed
- It is another best and easy way to get a good night sleep.
- It is also a great way to relax your mind and body.
- Take a long warm water shower to warm up your body, just an hour before going to bed.
- Then, when you get into cooler air, your body temperature will drop.
- This will make your body faster its metabolism and prepare you for your sleep.
- Make it your bedtime routine to make your body get a good night sleep.
- Spray your room with a lavender scent
- Lavender has a lovely aroma, and it works as a herb that helps to relax your mind and lower your blood pressure.
- It makes your body to fall into a relaxed state.
- You can sniff some lavender oil for two minutes after every 10 minutes interval, for at least three times to increase the amount of your deep sleep.
- It also helps to clear your mind from every stress of life.
- Listen to music for sometime
- It has been confirmed that listening to any music of slow rhythm like 60 to 80 beats per minute can help you to get a good night sleep.
- Listening to relaxing music for approximately 45 minutes before your bedtime provides you with an improved quality of sleep.
- It also helps to decrease the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
You have just learned about a few ways to get a good night sleep and then say bye to your insomniac self.